- Gennifer Weisenfeld, Imaging Disaster: Tokyo and the Visual Culture of Japan’s Great Earthquake of 1923 (Berkeley: University of California Press, 2012).
- Gennifer Weisenfeld,"Imaging Disaster: Tokyo and the Visual Culture of Japan's Great Earthquake of 1923," Japan Focus 13: 6, no. 4 (February 9, 2015).
- Alex Bates, The Culture of the Quake: The Great Kanto Earthquake and Taishô Japan (Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Center for Japanese Studies, 2015).
- Gregory Clancey, Earthquake Nation: The Cultural Politics of Japanese Seismicity, 1868-1930 (Berkeley: University of California Press, 2006).
- J. Charles Schencking, The Great Kantō Earthquake and the Chimera of National Reconstruction in Japan (New York: Columbia University Press, 2013).
- Gregory Smits, Seismic Japan: The Long History and Continuing Legacy of the Ansei Edo Earthquake (Honolulu: University of Hawai'i Press, 2013).
Postcard and Photograph Collections
- Brown University Library, Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923
- Japan Guide special photo exhibition, Great Kanto Earthquake 1923
- David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library at Duke University, Kantō Earthquake Materials
- Saint Louis University Earthquake Center, Macelwane Collection of the Great 1923 Tokyo Earthquake Postcards
- J. Charles Schencking earthquake media archive, The Great Kantō Earthquake of 1923
- Kenneth Spencer Research Library at University of Kansas, Kate I. Hansen Collection